KD Fisher & Co. Pty. Ltd.
K.D.Fisher & Co. Pty. Ltd. (KDF) was established in 1972 by our founder, Kevin Fisher and his wife, Ivy and quickly became a leading Australian supplier to the Electronics, Defence, Mining, Manufacturing, Food and Research Industries.
From 1980, their sons Ken and Steve joined the family business and KDF expanded into electronics instrumentation and control with a significant emphasis on gas detection for personnel and plant safety.
KDF now supplies products and services throughout Australia from our Adelaide-based head office. We also have a sales and service branch located in Melbourne.
Our reputation as a provider of quality products, services and technical support is indicated by our long standing ISO 9001:2015 certification, our dedicated & long-term staff, as well as many long term partnerships with internationally renowned Channel Partners.
Our Promise To You
To provide quality products, honest advice, a high level of customer service and to build long-term relationships.
Peter Fisher – General Manager
- To remain an Australian family owned and operated company with the goal to continue to a fourth generation and beyond
- To continue to grow and maintain our long-term relationships and reputation with customers, suppliers and our own team members
- To create new relationships based on trust through honest advice, quality service and quality products.
- As a team, we will continue to upskill and improve our procedures to progress and remain efficient
- To remain sustainably profitable
Our History in Gas Detection
KDF have been part of the gas detection industry in Australia since 1980. As a Full Systems Solutions Provider, the KDF team design, supply, install and commission fixed portable gas detection systems, then continue with complete on-going maintenance, calibration and testing to ensure their integrity and reliability.
Our knowledge and expertise in gas detection is unmatched in the industry. This comes from a diverse and very competent team with combined experience of over 160+ years. We pride ourselves on customer service and honest advice and will always provide you with the most cost effective solution, however will never compromise on quality and safety.
It is worth noting we are the longest serving Crowcon Gas Detection Distributor in the world.
Our team of fully qualified instrumentation/electronics technicians and electricians offer gas detection services across Australia, from remote rural locations to busy city premises and everything in between. We also offer in-house calibrations and repairs in our fully equipped workshop.
KDF also specialise in the design, cabinet construction and installation of custom-built fixed gas detection systems for all applications.
- Research sector (research facilities, universities & laboratories)
- Biobank & liquid nitrogen facilities
- Medical & hospitals
- Food & beverage industry (breweries, wineries, pubs, hospitality outlets, food processing)
- Commercial office buildings
- Car parks
- HVAC, refrigeration, boiler/plant rooms, HV substations
- Automotive & manufacturing
- Defence bases & sites / defence ships
- Jet fuel vapour systems for aircraft & defence facilities
- Mining sector (petrochemical & gas) & mineral processing
- Water & sewerage authorities
- Power stations
- Hazardous & zoned area installations
- Confined space areas
- Confined space portable gas detectors
18 Benjamin Street, St Marys, South Australia 5042